President’s Excellence Awards
All full-time, regular Staff/AAP employees who have completed their probationary period and at least one year of service, who are in good standing with the University, with no active disciplinary actions.
Actions, initiatives, performance or projects worthy of consideration must represent one or more of the following:
- Commitment to Excellence by those employees that have demonstrated continuous exemplary service in their daily duties over the course of their career
- Exceptional efforts that have enhanced the quality of life or work for students, faculty and/or staff to such a degree that special recognition is warranted
- Special performance that has clearly demonstrated service above and beyond the normal requirements of the position that has inspired excellence in others
- Operational innovations that have resulted in substantial increases in productivity or cost savings
- Extraordinary leadership that has influenced or accelerated positive change
- Innovation and creative initiatives that have improved educational, administrative or other operational processes and/or have led to increased collaboration and respect between and among diverse members of the University Community
All awardees will receive an award, and will be recognized at the annual awards ceremony and reception. Individual award recipients will also receive a monetary prize of $2,500 and team award recipients will each receive $1,000, up to a maximum of $10,000 per team. Monetary awards for teams exceeding 10 members will be divided equally among members.
The ceremony is invite-only. This year’s ceremony will be held on Monday, November 25, 2019 in Riggs Library
Winners will be announced via university-wide message on November 13, 2019.
You may contact the Department of Human Resources for assistance by phone at (202) 687-2500 or by submitting an HR Help Ticket
The deadline for submissions is Monday, September 9, 2019.
Nominators, awardees, and the awardees’ supervisors will receive notification of award. After these notifications have been made a university-wide message will be sent out announcing winners.
You should reach out to the leader of the team being nominated to ensure that all team members are identified before submitting a nomination. If you are unsure who is the team leader, you may reach out to your HR Client Services Partner for assistance in identifying that person.