Faculty & Staff Assistance Program
FSAP provides professional and confidential short-term counseling, assessment, and referral services to Georgetown employees and their immediate families. FSAP also conducts workshops on a variety of psychosocial topics as well as supervisor trainings for dealing effectively with troubled employees.
Our counselors are trained to assist with a variety of concerns related to mental health, difficult work situations, crisis intervention, relationship conflicts, and alcohol/drug abuse.
- Current Georgetown faculty and staff, including temporary, term and special employees, adjunct faculty and fellows
- Georgetown retirees (eligible for retiree benefits)
- Family members and significant others of current faculty and staff members residing in the employee’s household. For children we will discuss the issues with you and offer referrals to professionals who specialize in treating children.
All information regarding your use of FSAP services is strictly confidential. Information will not be released without your written permission unless required by law. FSAP records are not available to management and do not become part of your personnel file.
- Student employees should contact the University’s Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) or call 202-687-6985.
- MedStar Health employees who receive a paycheck from MedStar and are under the purview of MedStar Human Resources should contact the MedStar Employee Assistance Program or call 866-765-3277.
FSAP counseling sessions, workshops and supervisory consultations are a free service. Individual employees are responsible for any costs that result from referrals to providers outside FSAP, but your insurance coverage and ability to pay are carefully considered when referrals are made.