104: Code of Ethical Conduct
Code of Ethical Conduct
Hoya Kids Learning Center is committed to offering high quality child care. We believe that the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Code of Ethical Conduct and Statement of Commitment clearly establishes the ethical guidelines we wish to follow.
NAEYC recognizes that many daily decisions required of those who work with young children are of a moral and ethical nature. Therefore, they have written guidelines for responsible behavior and a common basis for resolving the principal ethical dilemmas encountered in early childhood education.
Hoya Kids and NAEYC are committed to:
- Appreciating childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle.
- Basing our work with children on knowledge of child development.
- Appreciating and supporting the close ties between the child and family.
- Recognizing that children are best understood in the context of family, culture, and society.
- Respecting the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague), and
- Helping children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust, respect, and positive regard.
To provide the quality program to which we are committed, Hoya Kids has adopted the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct as our guidelines. The Code addresses the professional responsibilities of our staff. Each section of the Code also includes a set of ideals pointing in the direction of exemplary professional practice and a set of principles defining practices that are required, prohibited, and permitted. The full Code is included as an attachment in the back of this handbook, in Appendix B. Staff will be asked to sign an acknowledgement of this code upon hire.